The top photocell sensor for outdoor lighting is quick, simple, and dependable. They are also a great complement to any small business or home office. What photocell sensor for outdoor lighting is best for you will depend on your needs and financial situation.
The majority of folks are unable to purchase new photocell sensor for outdoor lighting. Without doing any research first, they simply go online and purchase what they believe will work best for them. However, we’re guessing that if you’re reading this article, you’d prefer to conduct some research before spending money on a new piece of equipment.
How We Review
You’ve arrived at the ideal place if you’re looking for a new photocell sensor for outdoor lighting. In order to assist you to select the ideal photocell sensor for outdoor lighting for your requirements, we’ve tested all of the most recent models.
Our testing is based on user feedback, third-party lab studies, and our own internal testing. When ranking these photocell sensor for outdoor lighting, we also take user-friendliness, speed, and value into account.
To help you select the best photocell sensor for outdoor lighting for your needs, we reviewed photocell sensor for outdoor lighting from reputable brands.
Editor Picks: 10 Best photocell sensor for outdoor lighting on Amazon
Top 10 Best photocell sensor for outdoor lighting Available Now
You’re in luck if you’re seeking the greatest photocell sensor for outdoor lighting. To aid you with your purchase, we’ve tested and reviewed some of the top photocell sensor for outdoor lighting available.
We’re going to discuss the top 10 photocell sensor for outdoor lighting products on Amazon in this article, along with the reasons they’re so well-liked.
So let’s begin with the top 10 greatest lists for photocell sensor for outdoor lighting:
1. Woods 59408WD Outdoor Hard-Wired Post Eye Light Control with Photocell Light Sensor
- OUTDOOR LIGHTING CONTROLLER FOR HOME SAFETY: this outdoor light controller automates lights, lamp posts or lanterns in the driveway and entryway so that your house will be well-lit and will less likely attract burglars
- SMART OUTDOOR LIGHT CONTROL: the time delay function in the outdoor lights remote control eliminates flickers and false on/off triggers caused by stray dogs or cats
- AUTOMATIC OUTDOOR LIGHT REMOTE CONTROL: with the photocell light sensor, the outdoor lighting remote control can sense the amount of sunlight and automatically switches on at dusk and off at dawn; this saves you the trouble of having to remember to switch it off at certain times
- Weather-resistant remote control for outdoor lights. This remote control for outdoor lights is weather-resistant and as such should not be in direct contact with rain or snow or other elements.
- OUTDOOR LIGHTS CONTROLLER DIMENSIONS: 120V 60Hz, 1800W Tungsten, 1100VA Ballast; incandescent, fluorescent, LED, halogen, mercury vapor, high pressure sodium, and CFL compatible
Additional Info :
2. 2-Pack, Dusk to Dawn/Day Night Sensor, Photoelectric Switch, Photo Cell Sensor, 110V/120V/220V/240V Input, UL Listed, IP65 Water-Resistant, Photocell for Outdoor Light
- DUSK TO DAWN PHOTOCELL SENSOR SWITCH — This photocell sensor switch will automatically turn on lights at dusk and off at dawn. No need for manual operation anymore. The delay feature in the outdoor light sensor prevents the accidental triggering off the light due to the headlights of a passing car or lightning.
- MULTI VOLTAGE SWIVEL PHOTOSENSOR — Handles between 120V and 277V and compatible with LED, CFL, fluorescent, incandescent and other types of bulbs, so you can use this photoelectric switch sensor in most various occasions such as outdoor lighting, exterior lighting, street lighting, passage lighting, and doorway lighting.
- UL LISTED PHOTOCELL LIGHT SENSOR — Covered with UL certificate, surge protection available, heavy-duty body, P65 Water-resistant, AC 120-277 input voltage, 50/60Hz, threaded diameter 1.06 inch, 5-20Lx on and 20-60Lx off operate level.
- EASY TO INSTALL — With a swivel mount, this outdoor light controller can be easily installed it at a precise spot focusing light. Just disconnect power, place screw thread of the SWITCH in the knockout hole and fasten with rubber gasket and zinc alloy lock-nut.
- RELIABLE QUALITY AND SERVICE — UL listed, 3 year warranty available. Please feel free to contact us for refund or replacement if you have any questions or quality problem about the outdoor photocell sensor. We will response within 24 working hours
Additional Info :
3. 2 Pack Photocell Sensor Switch, UL Listed Outdoor Conduit Lighting Control with Swivel Mount, IP65 Dusk to Dawn Hardwired Photoelectric Switch for LED Post Light, Wall Pack, Shoebox, Porch Lights
- 【Convert Fixtures to Auto On/Off 】- The photocell in the outdoor lighting control senses sunlight and auto turns on at dusk/off at dawn. No need for manual operation anymore and saving your energy and money.
- 【UL Listed Outdoor Light Controller】- Our 120-277V photoelectric switch sensor is UL listed to ensure quality and your safety. Heavy-duty body and IP65 waterproof protects the sensor against weather elements such as rain and dust. 3 Years Warranty, any problem, just feel free to let us know at your convenience.
- 【Intellegent Photocell Sensor Switch】- 30~120s time delay feature in the outdoor motion sensor light control prevents the accidental triggering off the light due to a stray animal, the headlights of a passing car or lightning.
- 【Simple Installation & Easy to Use】- Place screw thread of the switch in the knockout hole and fasten with rubber gasket and zinc alloy lock-nut. The swivel base can be positioned at the precise spot, focusing light on where you need it to be is effortless.
- 【Specifications & Wide Applications】- AC 120-277 input voltage, 50/60Hz, threaded diameter 1.06 inch, 10~20Lx on and 30~60Lx off operate level. Great for controlling outdoor area lights, post light, porch lights, yard lights, floodlights, entry lights, driveway and walkway lighting.
Additional Info :
4. Woods 59411WD Outdoor Hardwired Stem and Swivel Light Control with Photocell, Compatible with Most Types of Bulbs, Swivel Mount for Adjustable Placement, Automatic Settings, Time Delay , Grey
- Photocell automatically turns light ON at dusk and OFF at dawn
- Great for parking lots, building perimeters, sports fields, outdoor sign illumination and other outdoor uses
- Swivel mount allows adjustable placement
- Includes light level slide adjustment
- Time delay eliminates flicker and false ON/OFF triggers due to stray light; CETL Rated
- CETL Rated
Additional Info :
5. 3 Pieces Dusk to Dawn Sensor for Outdoor Lighting 120-277V Photoelectric Switch Photocell Light Sensor Hardwired Post Eye Light Control Most Outdoor Lamp Fixtures Bulbs
- Photoelectric design: photo eye light sensor is reliable and quality, weatherproof and anti-rust, stable and safe, you can use with confidence; Built-in external photosensitive switch, also applied as a small and rainproof street light controller photoelectric switch
- Intelligent detection design: this light sensor photocell turns on your exterior lights at dusk and dawn, automatically control lighting according to ambient lighting levels; The internal design has an automatic ambient light level detection circuit that automatically switches off during the day and on at night
- Waterproof to withstand bad weather: equipped with a waterproof cap, photo eye sensor for outdoor lights is designed to double protect the sensor lens, assists the conversion to work better in harsh environments, like rainy, windy, snow day and so on
- Multiple compatibility: light switch daylight sensor’s voltage is 120-277VAC, can be compatible with most lamps, such as incandescent, fluorescent and LED; Remember that LEDs operate on DC power, other voltages are not suitable
- Easy to Install: the photo control can work with most fixtures and bulbs for hardwire outdoor lamp posts, which are required a mounting hole less than 0.6 inches in diameter; Disconnect power, remove junction box cover, place the photocell light switch in knockout hole and fasten with lock nut
6. Photocell – Twist Lock Photocell 3Pcs Photocell Sensor Auto On/Off Photocell Switch Blue Light Switch Lock Dusk to Dawn Light Control Photocell Light Sensor for Outdoor Lighting 120V~277V
- Auto On/Off: the interior of the photocell light sensor is equipped with an automatic illumination detection circuit, so that it can be automatically turned off during the day and turned on at night, saving time and effort; Quality material shell avoids internal corrosion or damage by water or other things, ensuring long-term use
- Nice Stability: the basic voltage of photo cell switches outdoor is 120V~277V, and this wide voltage product has nice stability, which can resist interference delay, anti-thunder circuit, suitable for outdoor, parks, streets, parking lots, sidewalks and so on
- Easy to Install: photocell outdoor lighting uses a rotary lock design for easy removal and installation; Standard plugs ensure that the sensor can be applied with most standard twist lock socket; You will get 3 LED twist photocells, enough to meet your needs
- Delay Function: dusk to dawn sensor is suitable for standard steering lock sockets, dawn type barns or column lights; Built-in 5 seconds delay function to avoid false triggers, such as car headlights, thunder or other temporary light sources
- Heat Resistance: compared with traditional thermo-photocells, this twist photocell has repeatable setting points, does not generate heat, maintains normal temperature, and will not change color during the life of the product; In addition, it has a faster response time and can withstand high current to work well with LED lamps
7. J.LUMI YCA1030 Outdoor Hard-Wired Post Eye Light Control with Photocell Light Sensor, Photocell Sensor, Dusk to Dawn Light Sensor, Photocell for Outdoor Light, UL Listed
- | UL LISTED | Our photocell sensor is UL listed to ensure quality and your safety, for a wide range of residential and commercial applications.
- | AUTOMATIC ON/OFF | The photocell senses sunlight and automatically turns lights on at dusk and off at dawn. Ideal for outdoor lamp post lighting, wall packs or wall scones.
- | FLUSH MOUNT PHOTOCELL BUTTON | Standard size for use residential outlet box, post lamp poles or wall pack fixtures. Time delay function inside the sensor eliminates the load temporarily switching off due to car headlights, lightening or another temporary light source.
- | FOR OUTDOOR USE | This photocell control has IP65 protection rating for outdoor use. The heavy duty body – without the frosty cover – protects the sensor against weather elements such as rain and dust. Frosty cover is optional and will not increase protection rating of this sensor.
- | ELECTRICAL SPECIFICATIONS | 120V 60Hz, 600W Tungsten; incandescent, fluorescent, LED, halogen, mercury vapor, high pressure sodium, and CFL compatible. For user manual, please scroll down to the Technical Specification section in the lower right of this page.
Additional Info :
8. Solus SPC-320 120V Automatic Dusk to Dawn Photocell Photo Control Light Sensor Switch for Hardwire Outdoor Lamp Posts with Ezee Change Plug, Works with Most Fixtures and Bulbs, UL Listed, Black
- SAFETY & SECURITY – This UL Listed Component Switch is safe to use for both commercial and residential outdoor fixtures. Ensures light when it is dark. Keeps surrounding safe and unwanted intruders away.
- USER-FRIENDLY – Easy to Mount, Easy to Use, and Easy to Change. Works with most fixtures and bulbs for hardwire outdoor lamp posts, only required a 1-3/8″ diameter mounting hole. Automatic sensor means no manual operation. And when it is time for a change, you can do so in seconds as this switch comes with our propriety Ezee Change Plug design.
- ENERGY SAVING & HASSLE-FREE – Conserve energy as switch comes with a light control sensor that will automatically turn your lights on at dusk and offs at dawn. No more worries.
- VERSATILE – Compatible with most bulbs: up to 300W Incandescent, 54W LED, 39W Fluorescent, or 100W H.I.D. light bulbs. Maximum Wattage: 120V, Up to 60 Watts.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED – Premium Quality Product, with 5 year warranty. Customer satisfaction is our number 1 priority. Our US Customer Support Team is always ready and available to assist you.
Additional Info :
9. DEWENWILS 120VAC Dusk to Dawn Sensor, Light Sensor Switch, Swivel Mount, Photocell Light Control for Outdoor Low Voltage Transformer, 3 Pin Male to Female Connector Included, UL Listed
- 【Easy to Install】Compatible with DEWENWILS low voltage transformer( ASIN B087BPDYJL /B08G4QJ2R5). 3 pin male connector, directly plug it into the photocell receptacle inside the transformer. Besides, male to female connnector is included for you to switch the plug if needed. No wire nuts or terminal wiring is required.
- 【Automatic Light Control】 Automatically switches on lights at dusk and off at dawn, no need manual operation. On level: 10-16 lux, Off Level: ＜65 lux, 30-60S sensor delay prevents accidental triggering of the other lights.
- 【Waterproof】High quality PC material, protects the sensor against from rain, snow, dust and abrasion, withstands years of use. Shock and erosion resistant, suitable for wet locations. Works with -40°C ~ +70°C Ambient Temp.
- 【Swivel Mount】180° flexible design, the swivel base of this photocell light control can be positioned anywhere you want. NOTE: Please remove the smaller knockout to thread your photocell sensor out.
- 【UL Listed】120V AC input voltage, 50/60Hz, threaded diameter 0.78 inch, wire length: 6.5 inch. The photoelectric switchis UL certified. DEWENWILS offers 24/7 troubleshooting and hassle-free return policies through Amazon; your purchase is always guaranteed.
Additional Info :
10. GBAYSA 1 Pack Outdoor Photoelectric Sensor,Dusk to Dawn Swivel Mount Conduit Lighting Control with Photocell,Automatic Adjustable Photo Sensor Switch for Indoor and Outdoor Light
- Smart Auto Photocell Sensor — The dusk to dawn sensor automatically turns light on at dusk and off at dawn, giving you energy savings and convenience without the need for manual operation. Rate Voltage: 120VAC; Applicable Voltage: 110-130VAC; Rated Loading: 1800W Tungsten; 1800VA Ballast.
- IP65 Waterproof & Security — UL Listed. The casing of photo electric light sensor is made of high quality polycarbonate, which is corrosion preventive and waterproof to ensure longer life. This day night light sensor ensures light when it’s dark. keeps surrounding safe and unwanted intruders away.
- Adjustable Base & Swivel Design — This photocell can be adjusted 200 degree max. The outdoor electric photocell sensor swivels for optimal light positioning, focusing light on where you want.
- Easy to Install — Easy to mount and easy to use. The automatic photo control works with most fixtures and bulbs for hardwire outdoor lamp posts, it’s compatible LED, CFL, fluorescent, incandescent and other types of bulbs.
- Time Delay Function — Our photo cell switch can accurately judges natural light, won’t be triggered due to occasional light. This photocell light sensor is suitable for outdoor lighting, parking lot, street lighting, factory, indoor lighting, commercial and residential outdoor lamp fixtures, pedestrian pathway and landscape lighting.
Additional Info :
Buying Guide: Things to Consider Buying photocell sensor for outdoor lighting
There are a lot of things to think about when purchasing a photocell sensor for outdoor lighting. Never make a choice without first conducting market research.
There are many excellent photocell sensor for outdoor lighting options available, but which is best for you? Some photocell sensor for outdoor lighting are excellent for small enterprises, while others work best for home offices and students.
The easiest way to find what you’re looking for is to read reviews on various websites. Before purchasing the photocell sensor for outdoor lighting, you can read about its features.
When buying a photocell sensor for outdoor lighting, you must have a budget in mind. It will assist you in focusing your search and identifying products within your price range.
Some photocell sensor for outdoor lighting are more sophisticated than others, offering more features and higher-quality building materials. If this is what you’re looking for, make sure the photocell sensor for outdoor lighting includes everything you need before deciding to buy it.
Invest in remanufactured photocell sensor for outdoor lighting.
Because they are built from recycled materials and use less plastic than new ones, remanufactured photocell sensor for outdoor lighting are frequently less expensive. Some claim that remanufactured photocell sensor for outdoor lighting is of worse quality than new photocell sensor for outdoor lighting, thus if the quality is important to you, go with brand-name original photocell sensor for outdoor lighting.
Purchase in bulk from outside sources
If you do your homework in advance and are aware of what you’re getting into before making a buy on websites like Amazon and eBay, you can also get your hands on some amazing photocell sensor for outdoor lighting by making direct purchases from third-party merchants there.
When making purchases online, search for free shipping deals and try to locate coupons for your preferred brands. It’s always a nice deal if you can acquire something from an authorized seller online and get free shipping with no minimum order requirement (or at least a low minimum).
Read the reviews before making a purchase! Nearly every website that sells things includes reviews. Before you decide to purchase anything, read customer reviews to find out what other people think about it.
Make some inquiries!
It’s crucial to do your research before purchasing a photocell sensor for outdoor lighting because it will reveal whether or not it will work for you. If there are no reviews or information available for this photocell sensor for outdoor lighting, look into alternatives to see if they have any information that can assist you in making a decision.
Carefully read all of the directions!
No matter how straightforward a task may seem, you should always read the instructions before beginning it to avoid damaging anything or hurting yourself while attempting to set up your new photocell sensor for outdoor lighting. Next, look into other comparable products to see if they have any information that can aid in your decision-making.